Friday, January 14, 2011

Why I write?

Why I Write?

I always loved to write. I made many attempts to write something, but so far the only loyal audience I’ve had is your truly. I’ve often dreamed about becoming an accomplished writer one day, but there is a pretty big chance that I never will be. Nevertheless, during the years, I came to realize that my writing isn’t about pleasing potential readers. It isn’t about my writing to be read. Not at all. It is simply about the act of writing that not only pleases me, but also offers a strange kind of relief when life gets a bit…how should I put it? Interesting...hectic...overwhelming? You pick.

So here I am writing for the sake of writing, for the sake of maintaining my own sanity in this insanely chaotic yet so lovely world, with the hope that maybe some of this scribble might bring a smile to someone. Ultimately that is the only reason to share anything with others after all, isn’t it? To make them feel understood and to let them know they are not alone. Because I believe none of us are. We just lost a sense of belonging somewhere along the way. But more about this later maybe...

I don't have specific goals about how many times to write, or what topics to write about. I simply want to write whenever I feel like, and share it whenever and however I feel like, and about whatever I feel like. Is that wrong? I will not write things I think you may want to read, nor will I write anything others think I should write about. I will write about life and with that I said it all. Remember Forrest Gump? Life is a box of chocolate, you never know what you get. So is my writing, you never know what you might read. So don't have expectations, don't judge the writing or the content, don't look for anything. Just read, enjoy whatever you may read, let me write, and most of all, bear with me...if none of these work for you, feel free not to read any of it. This isn't about pleasing you by what I write. It is simply about sharing what I have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment