Monday, September 24, 2018

Noah

My Dear Noah,
This entry is less for you and more for my own memory. You are growing so fast and it feels like every day you surprise us with something new (and very cute) and I am afraid i will not remember them all. First of all, I love how you can't pronounce the letter "F" and you say "s" instead. so you say "siresighters" which is just adorable.

You love explaining things over and over. You have so much to say about things and with such conviction. You are animated, you gesture, you make all kinds of face expressions. Don't lose that liveliness and never let anyone make you think that what you have to say isn't worth listening to.

You are also amazingly charming and you know exactly how to steal my heart. You say please and "legyszi" in hungarian and you give me kisses every time you get something you want. I am not going to lie, it sweeps me off my feet every time.

I started to take you to Hungarian school in Lexington. it's just "ovoda" for 3 year olds, so it's mostly singing and reading and playing but I hope it will help you learn some Hungarian, and come to love my country and culture. I know I love it.

You have a hard time accepting when you can't get what you want, but i think i am starting to understand that you just don't like being completely out of control. Nobody does i think. I realized that you are an amazingly mature little boy when it comes to responsibility. What i mean by that is that if you believe in something you do it and you follow through. You are not the kind of person that likes being told what to do, and you challenge it with your entire being. But if I talk to you and reason with you and make you understand why something is good or important, you actually do it and you do it well.

Unfortunately part of parenting means that i can't always reason with you, simply because you are too little to understand, but I hope you can and will always trust me. Sometimes I will have to say no for your own benefit, and sometimes i will have to say no for the greater good - but I promise there is not a single decision I make without love for you.

Anyway, a little more about you. You love dogs, and firefighters, and police. You like playing outside and be daddy's little helper. You love Legos and robots and anything that you can build and you are VERY good at it. You have an ability to see things through way beyond your age.

Interestingly (or maybe not since I've always been the same), you are very competitive. Not really with others but with yourself. You love learning new things and you like challenge but you hate feeling that you don't succeed and you get frustrated instead of giving it another shot. believe me, I say it from experience and from some feeling of regret, just don't give up. Keep trying. You can do anything you set your mind to, I promise you! Some things take practice for everyone. Just trust in your abilities, and keep at it. You will move mountains.

And lastly, you are an extremely caring little boy. I'm yet to see a child in your age that is as caring as you. You are always the first to help someone, the first to say something kind, the first to the rescue. I guess I shouldn't wonder why you like firefighters so much. They are super hero rescuers as well. Just like you. One day I can see you have a profession where you help others. I love that about you.

At night you like going to bed with me and after reading books and talking to each other (which i love by the way), you like going "in the cave" (meaning under the sheets) with your red gummy bear light and you always ask me to give you an "itsy bitsy spider massage" (sasage as you say), which is just me singing the song and walking my fingers on your back or arms or neck (and sometimes your teeth because you like to ask silly things).

Well that's it for today my love.

Love,
- Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment