Monday, February 8, 2021

Notes to remember from the book "The Choice"

Notes to remember from the book "The Choice"


Exceptional book. I've read a lot of self helping book or memoir but not many had such a great impact on me as this one. Dr. Eger is amazing. Her story is amazing, though sadly one in many many of the Holocaust survivors. But her triumph, her way of not only surviving but thriving is exceptional. 


I am still reading it, but there has been a couple of points she makes that I want to remember and practice in my life, so I decided to write them down:

1. No blame: 

Take responsibility for your own actions and words. Before you say or do anything ask:

Is this kind? 

Is it important?

Does it help? 


2. Use teamwork to achieve common goals. If the house needs cleaning, each member of the family should have an age appropriate job. If you decide to watch or go to the movies - take turns to choose the movie. No one bears the wheel all the way. 


3. Be consistent - if curfew has been established, it can't change last minute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment