Tuesday, September 6, 2022

First Day of Kindergarten - Ollie

09.06.2022

My Dearest Ollie,

Here we are - the long awaited day: THE FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN. 

It feels like a big chapter has closed, almost an era. We said good bye to Mansfield Children's Center (MCC) last Friday and I am not going to lie - it was emotional. We LOVE that place. It has become a part of our home and family and it is bittersweet to move on. It's exciting to embark on the new journey and watch you guys grown but it is sad to leave the "baby" chapter behind. 

In any case, you are ready! You are excited. So much so, that when they sent us home today because it was too early to go in - you cried and refused to buckle in the car. I don't know if you are just excited to meet new people, or excited to go where Noah is going, or both, but you are so happy. 

It is a yucky day - pouring cats and dogs since yesterday but nothing can fade your emotions:) 

I hope you have a blast. I hope you fall in love with learning. I hope you make many friends - or even just one. I hope you lie your teacher. I hope school is everything you expect and more. I hope you will come home as happy as you go in. 

You are an amazing human being. You are loved. You are funny, kind hearted and adventurous (sometimes too much). You are determined, witty, clever and most of all you got the secret ingredient: gumption! Never cease to smile my little one - you bring light to this world and everyone around you. 

Shine like a bright star along the way - and enjoy every second. 

Love

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment